We are a 100% volunteer run organization which means that we cannot make scouting happen without parental/guardian/family member involvement.
Generally volunteering is broken into two areas, scouting and auxiliary. Scouting volunteers are on the leadership track, and are required to complete a background check.
Auxiliary volunteers assist with all things required to keep the group running.
Here are the descriptions of some of the current positions we ask our parents to fulfill. There are also many opportunities to help during campouts and other volunteer events.
- Answers email from interested parties
- Enter members into national database
- Ensure that adults have filled out background checks
- Answer emails
- Invite new families into TroopTrack
- Adopt TroopTrack “best practices” for our group
- Forward Facebook messages to admin
- Make occasional posts to public FB page
- Share trooptrack events with private FB group
- Assist in scheduling monthly service events (can be setup all at once)
- Annual beach cleanup
- NCO and/or food bank
- Ivy pulls
- Tree planting
- Summer picnic
- Field day and parent info night
- Maintain patch inventory
- Place orders with national for needed items
- Coordinate campwide daily schedule with section leaders
- Plan and/or delegate meal plans for camp
- Buy and/or delegate food purchase
- Deliver and/or delegate delivery of equipment
- Help facilitate the execution of the meal plan at camp
- Keep track of payments
- Pay for our insurance
- Reimburse leaders