Otter Motto: “Busy and Bright” – Otter is the youngest section of BPSA scouting, for kids ages 5-7. Otters learn useful family skills, community skills, and learn to play safely together while being introduced to scouting and preparing for the Timberwolf program. The Otter section is known as the Raft with 32-40 scouts, and is sub-divided into Dens made of 8-10 children.
503rd Spotted Owl Otters rarely meet indoors unless a task requires a sheltered place. Otters will visit many of SW Portland’s natural areas, returning at different times of the year to witness the changes each season brings to a familiar place.
- Shirt: red long-sleeve jersey with no collar, sleeves rolled up or down
- Pants: Either long style cargo pants or shorts of an approved color: khaki or tan
- Hat: red ball style cap with the Otter Badge centered on the front
- Necker: of the group’s colors, worn with a ring or slide at the throat
- Socks: any plain color (not white)
- Shoes: brown or black
- Belt: Brown webbing or leather
Friends of the Forest, the story on which the Canadian Beaver program is built (and subsequently, our Otter program).
A Book for the Eager Beavers, a companion story to Friends of the Forest.